Travelling with Pets
When we animal owners have a holiday, the happiest activity is to go travelling with pets. However, it’s not that easy to have a perfect journey. You need to get well prepared for the basic articles of daily use, and some plan for emergencies or unexpected obstacles.
Travelling with Your Dog, The Complete Guide
When we pet owners have a holiday, the happiest activity is to go travelling with our dogs. However, it’s not that easy to have a perfect journey. You need to get well prepared for the basic articles of daily use, and some plan for emergencies or unexpected obstacles when Travelling with Pets.
Your Pre-planning should include:
- 1. Learn the regulations of where you are going.
- 2. Schedule a check up with your Veterinarian, so your dog will have all of the proper vaccinations.
- 3. Prepare a doggy passport for any emergency cases.
- 4. Do a dry run before your trip if your pup is going to be in a car for a long period of time.
- 5. Research the health risks for your trip area.
When you travel abroad, there are a few considerations that you need to be aware of:
Additional Vaccines(such as Distemper, Rabies, Leptospirosis, Brucellosis, Canine Influenza, Bordetella, Leishmaniosis, Para-influenza and Ehrlicia Canis)
Packing for Travelling with Pets
Before we look at the list, the most important is pet passports and all of his paperwork. After that, make sure you have packed the following items:
Leash and Collar
Food, Treats and Water
Dog Bed and Blankets
Making Travel Plans the Safest
There are a few items and considerations that you need to be aware of, to make sure the Travelling with Pets is safe for both of you and your dog.
First Aid Kit
Supervision is Key
Travelling by Car
Some important tips for travelling in a car with your pup are:
1. Take plenty of breaks.
2. Make sure there is excellent ventilation.
3. Travel on an empty stomach.
4. Offer water frequently.
5. Plan for potty breaks.
6. Make his space comfortable.
7. Offer toys for boredom busters.
8. Keep windows locked.
Also, there are plenty of tips for traveling by plane, by train, by cruises and even by bus. All of the tips are very detailed, and that will help you get well prepared for any vehicles.
In the last, you need to find a dog friendly hotel, then you and your furry friend can have a good rest.